For: Information, Donations, Groups, Volunteering, or Anything else.
Email is the best way for us to communicate, but feel free to call if there is a need. Our Email response time may be about 2-5 days.
Phone: +6 09 419 3244
Checks: Please make payable to JTP (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD
Bank Transfers: Can be sent to Public Bank Berhard for JTP(MALAYSIA) Sdn Bhd. Please email us about any transfers.
Post Mail: Address to use is for office in Mersing;
Juara Turtle Project
NO. 11, Plaza D’Jetti,
Jln. Abu Bakar
Travel to the Project:
By Bus and Ferry from KL:
- You must use the bus terminal with buses going to “Mersing, Johor” or “Tioman”.
- Take bus to Mersing
- Take ferry to Kg Tekek on Tioman ( ferry times are approx 7am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm). They change every day because of the tides. Ferry cost is RM35, you can buy tickets on the Mainland and on the Island.
- From Kg Tekek, get a taxi or jungle trek 2-1/2 hrs to KG Juara then to JTP. Taxi cost is about RM70, or RM35 per person if sharing.
By Bus and Ferry from Singapore:
- Near Sim Lim Tower and Bugis, Find the Buses at Queen Street going to Johor Baru (JB), Larkin Terminal
- Go through immigration on the bus, arrive to Larkin Terminal in JB, Malaysia
- From Larkin take bus to Mersing, last bus is at about 10pm
- From Mersing take ferry to Kg Tekek on Tioman ( ferry times are approx 7am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm). They change every day because of the tides. Ferry cost is RM35, you can buy tickets on the Island.
- Second option to take Express Bus from Singapore to Tanjong Gemok Jetty. From Tanjong Gemok jetty, there 2 choices. Firstly take Bluewater ferry and alight at Tekek village.
- After getting off at Tekek village, get a taxi or jungle trek 2-1/2hrs to KG Juara and the Turtle Project. Taxi cost is about RM70, or RM35 per person.
Getting here from either KL or Singapore is easy and well traveled, many others take the same route. Malaysia is a friendly country for the most part, and all along your travel people can advise you if you ask. Most people know some English, but it is not even that necessary, you just need to ask for “Tioman” or “Toilets” (depending which you want to get to), and people will point for you. Get an early start if you want to leave either KL or Singapore and catch the ferry to Tioman that same day. Expect all travel times to take longer than stated.
Try to sit in the middle of a bus, and the back 1/3 of a ferry (more comfortable & less bounce).
Get in touch and we can advise you on more as well.~